Special Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and pepper. Cut each tenderloin into six pieces; flatten to about 1-in. thickness. Melt butter in a large skillet. Dip pork into flour mixture; add to skillet and brown on both sides. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over pork. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Special Pork Tenderloin(9)
Sort By :
Great way to prepare pork tenderloin! We like a little more zing, so next time I will bump up the spices, but the sauce was very tasty, and not sweet. I served it on a bed of rice.
I have been making this recipe for over 10 years. It is a hit everytime I entertain.
So good--thank you!
We love this recipe; it's so good! It will definitely be listed as one of our favorites. Would like to try it with chicken as well.
This is absolutely delicious! The pork is fork tender and the sauce is not overly "applesaucy"...it almost tastes more like gravy than applesauce. Wonderful! My family really enjoyed this dish. I enjoyed both the flavor and the simplicity.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >