Strips of lean ham and Swiss cheese enhance the sweet pepper mix in this refreshing salad from field editor Cheryl Maczko of Arthurdale, West Virginia. This is even better served the next day," Cheryl notes.
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 banana peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 1/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 5 hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large salad bowl, combine the peppers, ham, cheese, onion and chilies. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Special Pepper Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Special Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review