- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 banana peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 1/4 pound fully cooked lean ham, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 5 hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large salad bowl, combine the peppers, ham, cheese, onion and chilies. In a blender, combine dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Special Pepper Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Special Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review