- stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, confectioners' sugar, extracts and
- salt until light and fluffy. Add enough milk to achieve frosting
- Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Top
- with remaining cake. Tint 2 cups frosting with lilac food coloring;
- spread over top and sides of cake.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #10
- tip and fill with remaining white frosting. Pipe a border of
- "pearls" around bottom and top of cake. With #3 tip, pipe smaller
- "pearls" on sides of cake. Garnish with pansies. Yield: 14-16
Editor’s Note: Use of a coupler ring will allow you to easily change pastry tips for different designs. Verify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 636 calories, 33 g fat (8 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.