Special Occasion Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh arugula or additional baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, cherries and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Special Occasion Salad
"Made this last Christmas and everyone loved it. I thought it was funny because it was so easy and everyone raved about it. It's a keeper :)"
"This salad is delicious and so easy and quick to prepare. It was a hit at the potluck."