Special Occasion Salad
"This simple salad consistently gets rave reviews. Feel free to change the types of lettuce, dried fruit and even substitute candied pecans for almonds." – Jean Follmer, Lafayette, California
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh arugula or additional baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, cherries and almonds.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.