Special Occasion Salad Recipe
"This simple salad consistently gets rave reviews. Feel free to change the types of lettuce, dried fruit and even substitute candied pecans for almonds." – Jean Follmer, Lafayette, California
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh arugula or additional baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, cherries and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 83 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Special Occasion Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC