"This simple salad consistently gets rave reviews. Feel free to change the types of lettuce, dried fruit and even substitute candied pecans for almonds." – Jean Follmer, Lafayette, California
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh arugula or additional baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, cherries and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Special Occasion Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p86
Reviews for Special Occasion Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"Made this last Christmas and everyone loved it. I thought it was funny because it was so easy and everyone raved about it. It's a keeper :)"
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2011
"This salad is delicious and so easy and quick to prepare. It was a hit at the potluck."