"This simple salad consistently gets rave reviews. Feel free to change the types of lettuce, dried fruit and even substitute candied pecans for almonds." – Jean Follmer, Lafayette, California
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh arugula or additional baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, arugula, cherries and almonds. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Special Occasion Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p86
Reviews for Special Occasion Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2011
"Made this last Christmas and everyone loved it. I thought it was funny because it was so easy and everyone raved about it. It's a keeper :)"
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2011
"This salad is delicious and so easy and quick to prepare. It was a hit at the potluck."