My son dubbed these "the cookie" after just one taste, and they've become my signature cookie since then. I haven't shared my "secret" recipe until now. —Carol Poskie, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white candy coating, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle with white coating in one direction, then with dark coating in the opposite direction to form a crisscross pattern. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Special Oatmeal Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p57
Reviews for Special Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review