- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white candy coating, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle with white coating in one direction, then with dark coating in the opposite direction to form a crisscross pattern. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Special Oatmeal Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p57
Reviews for Special Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
"These turned out great. I made them to send in my husband's lunch and had a hard time not eating them myself."
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
"These cookies don't last long at my house"
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2009
"This was an awesome cookie! My kids loved it and we would make it again and again"