- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white candy coating, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle with white coating in one direction, then with dark coating in the opposite direction to form a crisscross pattern. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Special Oatmeal Chip Cookies
"Very good! Thank you!!!"
"These turned out great. I made them to send in my husband's lunch and had a hard time not eating them myself."
"These cookies don't last long at my house"
"This was an awesome cookie! My kids loved it and we would make it again and again"