- Place spinach in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until
- wilted. Drain on paper towels; finely chop. Add to beef. Stir in the
- Parmesan cheese, cream, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Stuff into
- manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place manicotti over sauce.
- For white sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until
- smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Pour over manicotti. Top with remaining
- tomato sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.