Special Lemonade Recipe
"This refreshing beverage is a little different from your run-of-the-mill lemonade," writes Erin Schneider, St. Peters, Missouri. "The recipe comes from a charming tearoom in a historic home that my mother and I enjoy visiting."
- 2 medium lemons
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chilled club soda
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1. Remove ends from lemons and discard. Remove lemon peel with a knife; set aside. Quarter lemons; squeeze juice into a bowl. Remove and discard white membrane.
- 2. Place the peel and pulp in a blender; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Add peel mixture and sugar to lemon juice; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3. Stir in milk. Strain lemon mixture; add club soda and food coloring if desired. Serve immediately in sugar-rimmed glasses if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Special Lemonade
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC