"This refreshing beverage is a little different from your run-of-the-mill lemonade," writes Erin Schneider, St. Peters, Missouri. "The recipe comes from a charming tearoom in a historic home that my mother and I enjoy visiting."
- 2 medium lemons
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chilled club soda
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Additional sugar, optional
- Remove ends from lemons and discard. Remove lemon peel with a knife; set aside. Quarter lemons; squeeze juice into a bowl. Remove and discard white membrane.
- Place the peel and pulp in a blender; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Add peel mixture and sugar to lemon juice; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk. Strain lemon mixture; add club soda and food coloring if desired. Serve immediately in sugar-rimmed glasses if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Special Lemonade in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p37
Reviews for Special Lemonade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review