Special Layered Salad
Tiny shrimp make this salad something special. Layered with romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, cheese and crumbled bacon, this pretty salad never lasts long when my mom makes it.
-Jacinta Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pound torn romaine
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, layer the romaine, green pepper, onion, peas,
- mayonnaise and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or
- Just before serving, top with the shrimp, bacon, tomato and eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 408 calories, 36 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.