Special Layered Salad Recipe
Tiny shrimp make this salad something special. Layered with romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, cheese and crumbled bacon, this pretty salad never lasts long when my mom makes it. -Jacinta Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 pound torn romaine
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, layer the romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, mayonnaise and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, top with the shrimp, bacon, tomato and eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 408 calories, 36 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC