Special Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 pound torn romaine
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, layer the romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, mayonnaise and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, top with the shrimp, bacon, tomato and eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 408 calories, 36g fat (9g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Special Layered Salad
"My family loved it. I added a little sugar to the mayo and used a sweet onion."
"This beautiful salad gets lots of "oohs" and "aahs." The tiny shrimp really do make it different and special."