Tiny shrimp make this salad something special. Layered with romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, cheese and crumbled bacon, this pretty salad never lasts long when my mom makes it. -Jacinta Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
Featured In: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 1 pound torn romaine
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, layer the romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, mayonnaise and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with the shrimp, bacon, tomato and eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Special Layered Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p35
Reviews for Special Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
"My family loved it. I added a little sugar to the mayo and used a sweet onion."
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2010
"This beautiful salad gets lots of "oohs" and "aahs." The tiny shrimp really do make it different and special."