Special Ladyfinger Dessert
Folks will swear you fussed over our Test Kitchen’s party-pretty dessert, but it couldn’t be much easier or quicker to whip up. Best of all, who’d believe such a sweet finish to the meal could be so light?
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 ladyfingers, split
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 2 fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses and confectioners' sugar. Split
- ladyfingers; spread cheese mixture over top halves and preserves
- over bottom halves. Sandwich halves together. Dust with cocoa.
- Garnish with strawberries. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pieces equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.