Special Ham and Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces ham, finely chopped
- 6 slices bread
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, relish and mustard. Add ham. Divide mixture among three slices of bread; top with remaining bread to make sandwiches. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Special Ham and Cheese Sandwiches(1)
Sort By :
Good quick make ahead spread to have on hand. Try India relish. It is not sold everywhere but can be ordered on line. You can squeeze out a little of the juice before adding relish. You can always add it back in to get the desired wetness. I like to cut crusts off. Then roll bread out flat slightly with as rolling pin. Then spread bread thinly with ham cheese mixture leaving one end bare so can spread out. Then roll up jelly roll style and slice each "roll in 3 to 4 pieces to make quick tea sandwiches for appetizers. For a variation to the recipe you can add finely diced green or res pepper OR add a pinch of hot peppers for an unexpectede kick. Others who have tried this added olives. I do not care for that but the variations are endless. Low sodium ham is a good choice as the relish has enough salt taste.