Special Grilled Veggies
"I fixed this colorful side dish on Father's Day one year and it has been requested many times since," says Kimberly Hennes-Skar of Minot, North Dakota. "It goes well with any grilled meat, chicken or seafood. It's easy to prepare but looks like you spent a lot of time on it."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or
- overnight, turning once.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket or
- disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, uncovered,
- over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved
- marinade. Grill 5-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 121 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.