"I fixed this colorful side dish on Father's Day one year and it has been requested many times since," says Kimberly Hennes-Skar of Minot, North Dakota. "It goes well with any grilled meat, chicken or seafood. It's easy to prepare but looks like you spent a lot of time on it."
Recommended: 47 Meals Your Toddler Will Devour
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and reserve marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom. Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill 5-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Special Grilled Veggies in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p10
Reviews for Special Grilled Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2012
"I was wondering if you could cook this in the oven, as I don`t have a grill. This recipe sounds delicious and would love to try in the oven at what temp. and for how long"