Special Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; stir in onion mixture and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Special Green Beans
"Everyone really enjoyed this. The sauce makes a lot, though. It was enough to coat 2 lbs green beans at least."
"What a wonderful twist on the basic green bean! I enjoyed them."
"This was a different approach to green beans. It was good and it had a little kick. Was not my favorite though."