- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 36 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and poppy seeds. stir in chicken. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpecial Delivery Chicken
"We have six children, all of whom like this dish. One of my daughters always requests it when she's coming home! easy to make!"
"My picky hubby loves it. We eat it over egg noodles"
"Made this today for a friend who just had a baby! Made a batch for my own family as well and it was a huge hit! It is so delicious!"
"I have used this recipe but changed it a bit. I add 1 cup of white rice and cream cheese. After adding aditional ing. it taste great."
"This is a family fav. at my house because it is very simple!!! I like to add about a 1/2 cup of chedder cheese. and then about 2 min. before pulling it out of the oven just sprinkle some extra cheese on top. Also found the topping is much better when you cover the dish with tinfoil, and cook it in stonewear! amazing! serve it over rice, and your good to go :)"
"This was an easy recipe to use so I would make it again, although the original recipe itself was pretty bland. I am not sure about the poppy seeds either. It seemed to need some serious spices, perhaps even red pepper flakes. I would also use rotisserie chicken as breasts always seem to get tough. Also, I used reduced fat everything."
"this recipe is amazingly simple and to add some color i added some fresh spinach and also some brown rice to bulk it up. i used fat free sour cream and 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, and whole wheat ritz crackers. i made it for my friend who has a 5 day old baby for the first time i went to visit her and she and her husband loved it. its a simple feel good meal that they didnt have to prepare and that they could actually save to eat more for a late night feeding :)"
"Enjoyed the cassarole but would had some frozen hash browns to it next time."