To treat a friend who was bringing her new baby home from the hospital, I delivered a "Welcome to the World" theme dinner to her home. This favorite chicken casserole took on a new name for the occasion. Baked in a creamy sauce, it is a comforting main dish. -Ame Andrews, Little Rock, Arkansas
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 36 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and poppy seeds. stir in chicken. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Special Delivery Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p37
Reviews for Special Delivery Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review