- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn; heat through.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. broiler-proof dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Special Creamed Corn
Sort By :
"I made this for an outdoor BBQ. Everyone loved it! I reduced the sugar to two tablespoons, increased the pepper to a 1/4 teaspoon and used two bags of frozen corn which equals about 7 cups. I will make this again."
"Made this for Thanksgiving but decided to use fresh corn off the cob... there was none left... everyone enjoyed it."
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Bought the Taste of Home Holiday cookbook a few years ago and flipped through and found this. I've made it for each family gathering since. @DDarby1290 (and anyone else interested), I always heat this up ahead of time, then broil with cheese on top when ready or when the oven is available. :)"
"I found this recipe several years ago and have made it numerous times for holiday meals and special events. I have passed it on to others who just had to have the recipe. Tonight I was looking for a printable version for my cousin who I told about it tonight. It is delicious and I will be serving it as usual for both Thanksgiving and Christmas!"
"Sounds very good! Has anyone tried making this ahead of time and heating in the oven prior to broiling?"