Special Creamed Corn Recipe
WE rarely have the same main dish at Christmas each year, since I really enjoy trying new recipes. This corn, however, has a permanent place on our table. My whole family loves it, but my son, especially, would be so disappointed if I forgot to include this with our holiday meal. -Deb Hauptmann, Mohnton, Pennsylvania
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn; heat through.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. broiler-proof dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Special Creamed Corn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC