Special Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup each milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and white baking chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chips, coconut and nuts. Drizzle with milk.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Editor's Note: Any combination of baking chips equal to 1 cup may be used.
1 each: 209 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.