Special Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- 6 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs and yolks. Stir 1 cup hot cream mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a bowl, beat whipping cream and extracts until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg mixture with coconut. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 298 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Special Coconut Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.