Special Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- 6 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first four ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs and yolks. Stir 1 cup hot cream mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a bowl, beat whipping cream and extracts until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg mixture with coconut. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: about 3 quarts.
1/2 cup: 298 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Special Coconut Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.