- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add next seven ingredients; mix well (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Roll up from long side; seal seam. Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Special Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
"These rolls definitely are more than worthy of the time it takes to make. WONDERFUL!! Ought to be rated **10**, at least."
"just finished making these they came out wonderful easy recipe to follow the only thing i changed was i used cinnamon and sugar and canned apple pie filling for the filling make sur you spread the pie filling very thinly so the dough doesn't get gooey"
"These are super easy and very delicious. My daughter and I made them. We had a great time and everyone really liked them. The bread raises beautifully. They had a crisp crust on the outside and soft, melt-int-your mouth inside."
"Instead of using raisins, next time I will usedried cranberrys and dried cherries. My rolls really rose up high! Great!"
"These were tasty! I cut up dried cherries and added them with the raisens. Great!"