Special Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Reveals Brenda Deveau of Van Buren, Maine, "I found that adding instant pudding mix to my mom's delicious roll recipe really enhances the flavor."
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add next seven ingredients; mix well (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Roll up from long side; seal seam. Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC