Special Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add next seven ingredients; mix well (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Roll up from long side; seal seam. Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 364 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Special Cinnamon Rolls
"These rolls definitely are more than worthy of the time it takes to make. WONDERFUL!! Ought to be rated **10**, at least."
"just finished making these they came out wonderful easy recipe to follow the only thing i changed was i used cinnamon and sugar and canned apple pie filling for the filling make sur you spread the pie filling very thinly so the dough doesn't get gooey"
"These are super easy and very delicious. My daughter and I made them. We had a great time and everyone really liked them. The bread raises beautifully. They had a crisp crust on the outside and soft, melt-int-your mouth inside."
"Instead of using raisins, next time I will usedried cranberrys and dried cherries. My rolls really rose up high! Great!"
"These were tasty! I cut up dried cherries and added them with the raisens. Great!"
"These Cinnamon Rolls are really great!!! I did substitute applesauce for the oil and used Splenda for 1/2 of the sugar called for in the dough and in the filling. One question, why are you "not" to knead the dough? I've been baking for 46 years and the cinnamon roll recipes, always have you knead the dough. Does someone know the answer.Anyway, these are great and I will make them again, this weekend, I hope."
"I've made these cinnamon rolls for years and they are the best! Large and delicious."
"This recipe is DELICIOUS! Usually the first time I bake something it's a fail, but this one turned out on the first try. :) Although, I have to say swapped the filing for one that was just basically creamy cinnamon and sugar, just because we don't really like nuts. :) My husband requests this all the time!"
"I have been making these ever since they came out in Taste of home the first time...I have made them a lot and every time they have turned out great"
"So simple and so good."
"I didn't have vanilla pudding mix so I subbed in butterscotch instead and added a bit of maple syrup to the glaze. YUM! I liked not having to knead the dough and the rolls still rose and baked up beautifully."
"Have made these many times - love 'em. The recipe cuts in half easily if there's just 2 people in the household."
"Love these rolls! They have great flavor and they are easy to make."
"I love how they are so easy to make. They are the best when just out of the oven. Because it makes 2 pans you can keep one and give one away (if your family will let you)I like them for Easter the bread rising reminds me how Jesus rose from the dead just to save us from our sins."
"two thumbs up! I make alot of yeast recipes and this is a keeper."
"My family loved this. The pudding does make a difference and it was easy to make!"
"These cinnamon roll have so much flavor, the pudding makes all the difference. I tried them out on four teenagers and received thumbs up all around."