- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add next seven ingredients; mix well (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Roll up from long side; seal seam. Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Special Cinnamon Rolls
"Nothing taste better than cinnamon roll in the morning. This recipe is the one I use most often. TheyAre so good!"
"I used a serrated bread knife the cut the rolls. Better than using flossing string to cut them. They were delicious!!!!"
"These rolls definitely are more than worthy of the time it takes to make. WONDERFUL!! Ought to be rated **10**, at least."
"Instead of using raisins, next time I will usedried cranberrys and dried cherries. My rolls really rose up high! Great!"
"These were tasty! I cut up dried cherries and added them with the raisens. Great!"
"These Cinnamon Rolls are really great!!! I did substitute applesauce for the oil and used Splenda for 1/2 of the sugar called for in the dough and in the filling. One question, why are you "not" to knead the dough? I've been baking for 46 years and the cinnamon roll recipes, always have you knead the dough. Does someone know the answer.Anyway, these are great and I will make them again, this weekend, I hope."
"I've made these cinnamon rolls for years and they are the best! Large and delicious."
"This recipe is DELICIOUS! Usually the first time I bake something it's a fail, but this one turned out on the first try. :) Although, I have to say swapped the filing for one that was just basically creamy cinnamon and sugar, just because we don't really like nuts. :) My husband requests this all the time!"