- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- For filling, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup for glaze. To remaining chocolate, stir in the pecans, milk, vanilla and salt. Cover and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Place a 16-in. x 12-in. piece of foil in a greased baking sheet; lightly sprinkle with flour. Divide dough in half; place one portion on foil. Roll into a 14-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Spread half of the filling lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Using foil, fold dough over filling; seal edges. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For glaze, warm reserved chocolate; stir in corn syrup and water. Spread over cookies. Cool completely. Cut widthwise into 3/4-in. strips. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Special Chocolate Treats in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p67
Reviews for Special Chocolate Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
"my kids liked this. They said it was like eating a chocolate chip cookie but better"