Special Chocolate Ice Cream
Being slightly diabetic and able to control it with my diet, I've learned to satisfy my sweet tooth with a number of different desserts. This ice cream is my latest recipe. It's low in sugar - but you wouldn't know it by its smooth texture and delicious taste. You'll love it even if you don't need to watch your sugar intake.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 6 packets aspartame sweetener (equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar)
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a blender, combine the pudding mix, sweetener, cocoa, milk and
- vanilla; process on low until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping
- until smooth. Pour into a shallow 2-qt. freezer container. Cover and
- freeze for 30 minutes. Stir with a wire whisk; return to freezer
- until ready to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 140 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.