Special Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
With oats, vanilla chips, a crunch candy bar and a strawberry drizzle, each bite of this cookie is packed with wonderful flavor!
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Nestlé Crunch candy bar (1.4 ounces), broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons strawberry or raspberry extract
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. In a food processor, combine the oats, candy bar and pecans. Cover and process until finely chopped; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and reserved oat mixture; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Combine the icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC