- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add
- mushrooms and celery; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until
- chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables. Debone chicken; dice and set aside.
- Slice vegetables and set aside. Strain broth, reserving 2 cups.
- (Discard remaining broth or save for another use.)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in cream and reserved broth; bring to a boil. Cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the
- poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, peas and reserved chicken and
- vegetables. Pour into a 2-qt. round baking dish. Set aside and keep
- For biscuits, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut
- in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk
- just until moistened. On a floured surface, roll to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place biscuits over
- chicken mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until biscuits
- are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.