Special Cheese Manicotti Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the egg, sour cream, salad dressing and zucchini.
- 2. Carefully stuff manicotti with cheese filling. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
2 each: 396 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Special Cheese Manicotti
"Wonderful! Easy to put together stuffed uncooked shells and placed in crock pot on high for 2 hrs!"
"No stars appeared to rate, but am giving a *5* up on this recipe. Is wonderful!!"
"This has the best zippy taste. It's one of my favorite recipes for company."
"My husband and I love this dish. It has become a favorite in our house!"
"This was a very tasty and easy meal and best of all even my picky kids liked it and looked for left-overs!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.