Shredded zucchini and bottled Italian salad dressing give such yummy flavor to the cheese filling in this pasta bake that guests will never miss the meat. "It's the perfect size for a small gathering," informs Lisa Otis of Drain, Oregon.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the egg, sour cream, salad dressing and zucchini.
- Carefully stuff manicotti with cheese filling. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Special Cheese Manicotti in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p57
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Special Cheese Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review