Special Cheese Balls Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Assorted crackers, grapes and/or apple slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder. Shape into two balls. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine pecans and peanuts; press onto cheese balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers, grapes and/or apple slices. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2 cups each).
2 tablespoon: 110 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Special Cheese Balls
"I had high hopes for this cheeseball, as I was trying to locate a "secret recipe" from one our neighbor gives us every year. The 4-1/2 teaspoons of horseradish is WAY overpowering...that's all you can taste...it even overpowers the blue cheese. I may try again and knock it down to one or one and a half. Maybe this is a type-o in the recipe?"
"This is an excellent cheeseball. Could eat it any time of the year."