Special Cheese Balls Recipe
—Margaret B. Nichols, White Hall, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:32 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Assorted crackers, grapes and/or apple slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder. Shape into two balls. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Combine pecans and peanuts; press onto cheese balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers, grapes and/or apple slices. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2 cups each).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 110 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC