- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Assorted crackers, grapes and/or apple slices
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder. Shape into two balls. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Combine pecans and peanuts; press onto cheese balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers, grapes and/or apple slices. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2 cups each).
Reviews for Special Cheese Balls
"I had high hopes for this cheeseball, as I was trying to locate a "secret recipe" from one our neighbor gives us every year. The 4-1/2 teaspoons of horseradish is WAY overpowering...that's all you can taste...it even overpowers the blue cheese. I may try again and knock it down to one or one and a half. Maybe this is a type-o in the recipe?"
"This is an excellent cheeseball. Could eat it any time of the year."