I FOUND this recipe in a local paper and it has become my favorite topping for cauliflower. I like it because the glaze adds color and also enhances the flavor with a little zip. It works well with any entrée.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over
- 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard,
- dill, salt and garlic powder.
- Transfer cauliflower to an ungreased 3-cup baking dish; top with
- yogurt mixture and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5
- minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 88 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.