Special Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a small skillet, saute almonds in butter until lightly browned; set aside. In a saucepan, cook brussels sprouts according to package directions, adding the bouillon cube to the water.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the soup, milk, pimientos, pepper and thyme. Cook until heated through. Drain sprouts; top with the cream sauce and stir gently. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 124 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Special Brussels Sprouts
"Love this recipe. Made it many times & always well received.company certainly enjopyed it. Many requests for the recipe."
"This is the only way my DH will eat Brussels sprouts. I will eat 'em any way on any day, but I will agree that the sauce disguises some of the bitterness of sprouts that people complain about."