- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small skillet, saute almonds in butter until lightly browned; set aside. In a saucepan, cook brussels sprouts according to package directions, adding the bouillon cube to the water.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the soup, milk, pimientos, pepper and thyme. Cook until heated through. Drain sprouts; top with the cream sauce and stir gently. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Special Brussels Sprouts
Sort By :
"Made these for thanksgiving potluck. Ppl kept asking me for the recipe. I substituted cream of chicken with cream of mushroom. Delish! !!"
"Love this recipe. Made it many times & always well received.company certainly enjopyed it. Many requests for the recipe."
"I made this recipe for our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, and my husband loved it. It's really easy, and I will make it again for Christmas."
"This is the only way my DH will eat Brussels sprouts. I will eat 'em any way on any day, but I will agree that the sauce disguises some of the bitterness of sprouts that people complain about."