Special Brunch Bake Recipe
- 2 tubes (4 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 7 ounces Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Arrange biscuits in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over biscuits.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 160 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Special Brunch Bake
"Very tasty and easy to make!"
"I used ground breakfast sausage instead of Canadian Bacon and served with Maple Syrup! Delicious!"
"I modified this recipe using one tube of the Grands buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits), chopped ham and 6 eggs. I also sauteed the mushrooms and onions before baking. It was awesome! The family loved it!"
"Really tasty! My husband and I both agreed it would be great with some diced red bell pepper added in....will try that next time!"
"Very easy to make, great flavor...could add whatever you like...I used real eggs as my family doesn't like the substitute."
"This is a great recipe - easy to mix up and the biscuits give it a great foundation. Next time I make it I will use either ham or sausage as I don't think the canadian bacon did it justice."
"This is a very good brunch recipe. My husband and I really like it. I have made it for Christmas brunch many times."
"Yummy! Fun and easy to make."
"good as it is.however - will make again using more bacon.might add chopped tomatoes too."
"Delicious & easy recipe! Made it for my family and they all loved it...even the picky eaters!"
"I have made this many times, each with great results. I have used sliced ham and diced ham. This is a keeper for my family. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This was great and very filling for one biscuit."
"I made this a month ago and our 10 year old asks every few days if I will make it again. Whole family loved it. I used crumbled cooked pork sausage instead of canadian bacon & added a little chopped green pepper."
"very good, but i made it for two using one can of bisquits and improvised with the rest of the ingredients using turkey breast for the meat. It was a little dry but with a little hot sauce i thought it was yummy. My husband is going to make sausage gravy for the leftovers sounds good but much fat for me."
"Made this for breakfast one weekend adults and 2 year olds loved it. It is a great recipe for all ages! A winner all around!!!"