Special Brunch Bake
This dish is a great start to the day or for any meal of the day. If you don't have Canadian bacon, try it with turkey bacon or ham.Nicki Woods, Springfield, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (4 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 7 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange biscuits in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 160 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.