Special Beef Wraps Recipe
From Dian Halferty of Tucson, Arizona, these hearty bundles burst with grilled steak, tangy pineapple and crunchy nuts.
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup water
- 8 green onion tops
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, oil and honey. Pour 1-1/4 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, sliced green onions and remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a small skillet, bring water to a boil. Add onion tops; boil for 30-60 seconds. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Layer with beef, lettuce mixture, pineapple and nuts on each tortilla. Fold one end over filling, then fold in sides. Tie with an onion top. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Special Beef Wraps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC