Special Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Special Banana Nut Bread
Sort By :
People request this from me all of the time! A great recipe.
This is an amazing recipe. Don't know what I liked more, the cream cheese or the Orange glaze. Yum!
Amazing banana bread. Although I do replace half the white sugar with brown sugar and I omit the nuts and orange glaze.
Just an OK recipe to me. A rather heavy bread, not light like most of my quick bread recipes are. Also, way too many nuts for my taste. Will return to my "go to" banana nut recipe
I just love this recipe. I don't ever make the glaze. It's so yummy, who needs it? My one change is that I use glazed pecans, like "pecan pie" glazed or honey glazed, that I chop rather than plain pecans.