- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Special Banana Nut Bread
Sort By :
"delicious! it is moist, i love the orange glaze and the best is it makes 2 loaves!"
"I'm so glad I tried this bread. Absolutely delicious!"
"Got this going in the oven now. I have made this in the past and it doesn't last long around here, I use a bundt pan to cook it in and comes out great"
"My husband has been begging me to make banana bread. I found this one and I'm glad I did. I used 6 mini loaf pans and baked them for 35 minutes at 350. I made two without nuts for my 14 year old, two topped with pecans for my husband, and two topped with walnuts for myself. I didn't make the glaze because I didn't have any oranges. Thanks for the great recipe!"