Special Baked Potatoes Recipe
For a nifty way to spice up plain old potatoes, try Tressa Surdick's recipe. To make them, she slices the spuds, then seasons them before baking. "Just before they're done, I sprinkle cheese on top of each potato. Our guest always rave about the," Tressa pens from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania. (To make the cutting easier, Tressa share this tip: "Place the handle of a wooden spoon along the bottom of the potato—this will prevent your knife from going all the way through.")
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hr YIELD:4 servings
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at bottom. Fan potatoes slightly. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC