I love getting food ready for the holidays, so I start planning early. This is one of my favorite recipes, and it's so easy to make. Kids can have fun crushing the spearmint candies.
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed spearmint candy (4 ounces)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating at 70% power for 45
- seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals,
- stirring until smooth. Stir in spearmint candy.
- Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 8-10 minutes.
- Bread into small pieces; store in airtight containers. Yield:
- 1-1/4 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (6 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.