- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or vanilla extract
- Black nonpareils
- Orange sprinkles
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Add cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in extract.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #12 round tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe snowmen about 4 in. tall, 2 in. apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with black nonpareils and orange sprinkles. Bake until firm to the touch, 80-90 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sparkly Meringue Snowmen in Taste of Home December 2016
Reviews for Sparkly Meringue Snowmen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review