Sparkling Rhubarb Spritzer
"Folks with a rhubarb plant or two will love this recipe." predicts Sue Rebers of Campbellsport, Wisconsin. "It's a nice change from the usual lemonade--we enjoy it all summer long."
14 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups water
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Boil for 15
- minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; strain and reserve juice. Discard
- pulp. Add sugar and pineapple juice to reserved juice; stir until
- sugar is dissolved. Chill thoroughly. Just before serving, add soda
- and ice cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts (14 servings, 1 cup per
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.