Sparkling Rhubarb Salad Recipe
To sweeten your meal, give subscriber Mary Ellen Beachy's rhubarb salad a try. "It has a very fresh fruity flavor,"she remarks from Dundee, Ohio. "Plus, it comes in handy if you find you have a surplus harvest of rhubarb to use up—like we do each summer!"—Mary Ellen Beach, Dundee, Ohio
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar. Cook over medium heat until the rhubarb is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add orange juice and peel. Chill for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Stir in the strawberries; pour into a 2-qt. bowl. Chill for 2-3 hours or until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Sparkling Rhubarb Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC