We were living in Texas when I found the recipe for this simple yet elegant salad. I was thrilled— we had a surplus of fresh oranges! Since it's prepared ahead, there's no last-minute fuss. —Janie Bush, Weskan, Kansas
Featured In: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 8 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and marmalade; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in grape juice and soda. Pour over orange sections; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove oranges to a serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sparkling Oranges in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p12
Reviews for Sparkling Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2015
"Elegant looking I wouldn't use quite as much marmalade as that made it really sweet. That was the negative for me"