I figured citrus soda would give my ordinary melon cup sparkle. To keep dessert on the lighter side, I added a dollop of yogurt. Take advantage of seasonal fruits and add strawberries, watermelon and blueberries to the dessert.Janet Twigg, Campbellford, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 medium honeydew, cut into cubes
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-line soda, chilled
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Fresh mint, optional
- Place melon cubes in dessert dishes. Pour lemon-lime soda over melon.
- Top with yogurt. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 82 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.