Who doesn't love chilled lemonade on a hot summer day? Made with club soda, this version is slightly bubbly and bursting with citrus flavor. —Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon peel strips (about 1-1/2 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until
- sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon strips. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool
- Transfer to a pitcher. Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate
- until chilled. Discard lemon strips. Stir in club soda. Serve over
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 313 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.