Sparkling Kiwi Lemonade
Keep some kiwi ice cubes in the freezer so they’re ready whenever you crave a tall glass of this dressed-up summertime favorite. —Emily Seidel, Ainsworth, Nebraska
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 liter carbonated water, chilled
- Slice two kiwi into small pieces. Place in ice cube trays and fill
- with water. Freeze.
- Cut remaining kiwi into large pieces; place in a food processor.
- Cover and process until smooth. Strain; discard pulp. In a 2-qt.
- pitcher, stir sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Stir
- in kiwi puree. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, stir
- in carbonated water. Serve over kiwi ice cubes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 166 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.